Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this act:
(1) “Adjutant general” means the administrative head of the military division of the office of the governor.
(2) “Disaster” means occurrence or imminent threat of widespread or severe damage, injury, or loss of life or property resulting from any natural or man-made cause, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, wave action, volcanic activity, explosion, riot, or hostile military or paramilitary action and including acts of terrorism.
(3) “Emergency” means occurrence or imminent threat of a disaster or condition threatening life or property that requires state emergency assistance to supplement local efforts to save lives and protect property or to avert or lessen the threat of a disaster.
(4) “Political subdivision” means any county, city, district, or other unit of state or local government.
(5) “Militia” means all members of the Idaho army and air national guard in the service of the state.
(6) “Office” means the Idaho office of emergency management within the military division.
(7) “Search and rescue” means the employment, coordination, and utilization of available resources and personnel in locating, relieving distress and preserving life of, and removing survivors from the site of a disaster, emergency or hazard to a place of safety in case of lost, stranded, entrapped, or injured persons.
(8) “Disaster emergency account” means the account created under this act for the purpose of paying obligations and expenses incurred by the state of Idaho during a declared state of disaster emergency.
(9) “Bureau of hazardous materials” means the former bureau of hazardous materials, which is now a part of the Idaho office of emergency management in the military division of the office of the governor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Idaho Statutes Title 46. Militia and Military Affairs § 46-1002. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/id/title-46-militia-and-military-affairs/id-st-sect-46-1002/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?