Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 633.560. Hearing
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The court shall fix the time and place of hearing on a petition and shall prescribe a time not less than twenty days after the date the notice is served unless the court finds there is good cause shown to shorten the time period to less than twenty days pursuant to section 633.40. The court shall also prescribe the manner of service of the notice of such hearing pursuant to section 633.40.
2. The respondent shall be entitled to attend the hearing on the petition and all other proceedings. The court shall make reasonable accommodations to enable the respondent to attend the hearing and all other proceedings. The court may waive the respondent's attendance for good cause shown. The court shall make a record of the reason for a respondent's nonattendance.
3. The court shall require the proposed guardian or conservator to attend the hearing on the petition but the court may excuse the proposed guardian's attendance for good cause shown.
4. The court shall require the court visitor as described in section 633.562, if any, to attend the hearing but the court may excuse the court visitor's attendance for good cause shown.
5. Any person with an interest in the welfare of the respondent may submit a written application to the court requesting permission to participate in the hearing on the petition and other proceedings. The court may grant the request if the court finds that the person's participation is in the best interest of the respondent. The court may impose appropriate conditions on the person's participation.
6. A complete record of the hearing shall be made.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 633.560. Hearing - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xv-judicial-branch-and-judicial-procedures-chs-595-686/ia-code-sect-633-560/
Was this helpful?