Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 602.1303. Local funding
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. A county or city shall provide the district court for the county with physical facilities, including heat, water, electricity, maintenance, and custodial services, as follows:
a. A county shall provide courtrooms, offices, and other physical facilities which in the judgment of the board of supervisors are suitable for the district court, and for judicial officers of the district court, the clerk of the district court, juvenile court officers, and other court employees.
b. The counties within the judicial districts shall provide suitable offices and other physical facilities for the district court administrator and staff at locations within the judicial districts determined by the chief judge of the respective judicial districts. The county auditor of the host county shall apportion the costs of providing the offices and other physical facilities among the counties within the judicial district in the proportion that the population of each county in the judicial district is to the total population of all counties in the district.
c. If court is held in a city other than the county seat, the city shall provide courtrooms and other physical facilities which in the judgment of the city council are suitable.
2. A county shall pay the expenses of the members of the county magistrate appointing commission as provided in section 602.6501.
3. A county shall provide the district court with bailiff and other law enforcement services upon the request of a judicial officer of the district court.
4. A county shall pay the costs incurred in connection with the administration of juvenile justice under section 232.141.
5. A county shall pay the costs and expenses incurred in connection with grand juries.
6. A county or city shall pay the costs of its depositions and transcripts in criminal actions prosecuted by that county or city and shall pay the court fees and costs provided by law in criminal actions prosecuted by that county or city under county or city ordinance. A county or city shall pay witness fees and mileage in trials of criminal actions prosecuted by the county or city under county or city ordinance.
8. If a county board of supervisors, with the approval of the supreme court, elects not to maintain space for the district court, the county may enter into an agreement with a contiguous county in the same judicial district to share the costs under subsections 1 through 7. For the purposes of this subsection, two counties are contiguous if they share a common boundary, including a corner.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 602.1303. Local funding - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xv-judicial-branch-and-judicial-procedures-chs-595-686/ia-code-sect-602-1303/
Was this helpful?