Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 602.1101. Definitions
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Book”, “record”, or “register” means any mode of permanent recording, including but not limited to, card files, microfilm, microfiche, and electronic records.
2. “Chief judge” means the district judge selected to serve as the chief judge of the judicial district pursuant to section 602.1210.
3. “Chief justice” means the chief justice of the supreme court selected pursuant to section 602.4103.
4. “Chief juvenile court officer” means a person appointed under section 602.1217.
5. “Court employee” or “employee of the judicial branch” means an officer or employee of the judicial branch except a judicial officer.
6. “District court administrator” means a person appointed pursuant to section 602.1214.
7. “Judicial officer” means a supreme court justice, a judge of the court of appeals, a district judge, a district associate judge, an associate juvenile judge, an associate probate judge, or a magistrate. The term also includes a person who is temporarily serving as a justice, judge, or magistrate as permitted by section 602.1612 or 602.9206.
8. “Magistrate” means a person appointed under article 6, part 4 to exercise judicial functions.
9. “Senior judge” means a person who qualifies as a senior judge under article 9, part 2.
10. “State court administrator” means the person appointed by the supreme court pursuant to section 602.1208.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XV. Judicial Branch and Judicial Procedures [Chs. 595-686] § 602.1101. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xv-judicial-branch-and-judicial-procedures-chs-595-686/ia-code-sect-602-1101/
Was this helpful?