Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The buyer must pay at the contract rate for any goods accepted.
2. Acceptance of goods by the buyer precludes rejection of the goods accepted and if made with knowledge of a nonconformity cannot be revoked because of it unless the acceptance was on the reasonable assumption that the nonconformity would be seasonably cured but acceptance does not of itself impair any other remedy provided by this Article for nonconformity.
3. Where a tender has been accepted.
a. the buyer must within a reasonable time after the buyer discovers or should have discovered any breach notify the seller of breach or be barred from any remedy; and
b. if the claim is one for infringement or the like (section 554.2312, subsection 3) and the buyer is sued as a result of such a breach the buyer must so notify the seller within a reasonable time after the buyer receives notice of the litigation or be barred from any remedy over for liability established by the litigation.
4. The burden is on the buyer to establish any breach with respect to the goods accepted.
5. Where the buyer is sued for breach of a warranty or other obligation for which the buyer's seller is answerable over
a. the buyer may give the buyer's seller written notice of the litigation. If the notice states that the seller may come in and defend and that if the seller does not do so the seller will be bound in any action against the seller by the seller's buyer by any determination of fact common to the two litigations, then unless the seller after seasonable receipt of the notice does come in and defend the seller is so bound.
b. if the claim is one for infringement or the like (section 554.2312, subsection 3) the original seller may demand in writing that the seller's buyer turn over to the seller control of the litigation including settlement or else be barred from any remedy over and if the seller also agrees to bear all expense and to satisfy any adverse judgment, then unless the buyer after seasonable receipt of the demand does turn over control the buyer is so barred.
6. The provisions of subsections 3, 4 and 5 apply to any obligation of a buyer to hold the seller harmless against infringement or the like (section 554.2312, subsection 3).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XIII. Commerce [Chs. 505-554D] § 554.2607. Effect of acceptance--notice of breach--burden of establishing breach after acceptance--notice of claim or litigation to person answerable over - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xiii-commerce-chs-505-554d/ia-code-sect-554-2607/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?