Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “High-level nuclear waste” means:
(1) Spent nuclear reactor fuel;
(2) Liquid waste that results from the operation, in a facility for reprocessing spent nuclear reactor fuel, of a first cycle solvent extraction system or an equivalent system;
(3) Concentrated waste from the operation, in a facility for reprocessing spent nuclear reactor fuel, of a subsequent cycle solvent extraction system or an equivalent system; or
(4) Any solid into which any waste that is described in item (2) or (3) of this subsection has been converted.
(c) “Low-level nuclear waste” means waste that:
(1) Contains or is contaminated with radioactive material emitting primarily beta or gamma radiation; and
(2) Is neither high-level nuclear waste nor transuranic waste.
(d) “Transuranic waste” means waste material that is measured or assumed to contain at least 10 nanocuries of transuranic activity per gram of waste.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XIII. Commerce [Chs. 505-554D] § 554.2514. When documents deliverable on acceptance--when on payment - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xiii-commerce-chs-505-554d/ia-code-sect-554-2514/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?