Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Commodity” means tangible or intangible property, real, personal, or mixed.
2. “Enterprise” means a business, commercial or professional entity, including a corporation, partnership, limited partnership, professional corporation, proprietorship, incorporated or unincorporated association, or other form of organization.
3. “Government agency” means the state, its political subdivisions, and any public agency supported in whole or in part by taxation.
4. “Person” means a natural person, estate, trust, enterprise or government agency.
5. “Price” includes the terms and conditions of sale, rental, rate, fee, or any other form of payment for a commodity or service.
6. “Relevant market” means the geographical area of actual or potential competition in a line of commerce, all or any part of which is within this state.
7. “Service” means any activity which is performed in whole or part for financial gain.
8. “Trade or commerce” means any economic activity involving or relating to any commodity, service, or business activity.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XIII. Commerce [Chs. 505-554D] § 553.3. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xiii-commerce-chs-505-554d/ia-code-sect-553-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?