Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. A corporation may revoke its dissolution within one hundred twenty days of the effective date of its articles of dissolution.
2. Revocation of dissolution must be authorized in the same manner as the dissolution was authorized unless that authorization permitted revocation by action of the board of directors alone, in which event the board of directors may revoke the dissolution without shareholder action.
3. After the revocation of dissolution is authorized, the corporation may revoke the dissolution by delivering to the secretary of state for filing articles of revocation of dissolution, together with a copy of its articles of dissolution, that set forth all of the following:
a. The name of the corporation.
b. The effective date of the dissolution that was revoked.
c. The date that the revocation of dissolution was authorized.
d. If the corporation's board of directors or incorporators revoked the dissolution, a statement to that effect.
e. If the corporation's board of directors revoked a dissolution authorized by the shareholders, a statement that revocation was permitted by action by the board of directors alone pursuant to that authorization.
f. If shareholder action was required to revoke the dissolution, the information required by section 490.1403, subsection 1, paragraph “c”.
4. Revocation of dissolution is effective upon the effective date of the articles of revocation of dissolution.
5. When the revocation of dissolution is effective, it relates back to and takes effect as of the effective date of the dissolution as if the dissolution had never occurred.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XII. Business Entities [Chs. 486-504C] § 490.1404. Revocation of dissolution - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xii-business-entities-chs-486-504c/ia-code-sect-490-1404/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.