Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. A limited liability company or foreign limited liability company may change its registered office or its registered agent for service of process by delivering to the secretary of state for filing a statement of change that sets forth all of the following:
a. The name of the company.
b. If the current registered office is to be changed, the street and mailing addresses of the new registered office.
c. If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the new registered agent and the new agent's consent to the appointment. The agent's consent may be on the statement or attached to it.
d. That after the change or changes are made, the street address of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.
2. If a registered agent changes the street address of the registered agent's business office, the registered agent may change the street address of the registered office of any limited liability company or foreign limited liability company for which the person is the registered agent by notifying the limited liability company or foreign limited liability company in writing of the change and signing, either manually or in facsimile, and delivering to the secretary of state for filing a statement that complies with the requirements of subsection 1 and recites that the limited liability company or foreign limited liability company has been notified of the change.
3. If a registered agent changes the registered agent's business address to another place, the registered agent may change the business address and the address of the registered agent by filing a statement as required by subsection 2 for each limited liability company or foreign limited liability company, or a single statement of all limited liability companies or all foreign limited liability companies named in the notice, except that it need be signed only by the registered agent and need not be responsive to subsection 1, paragraph “c”, and must recite that a copy of the statement has been mailed to each limited liability company or foreign limited liability company named in the notice.
4. A limited liability company or foreign limited liability company may also change its registered office or registered agent in its biennial report as provided in section 489.209.
5. Subject to section 489.205, subsection 3, a statement of change is effective when filed by the secretary of state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XII. Business Entities [Chs. 486-504C] § 489.114. Change of registered office or registered agent for service of process - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xii-business-entities-chs-486-504c/ia-code-sect-489-114/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.