Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. A document shall satisfy the requirements of this section, and of any other section that adds to or varies these requirements, to be entitled to filing.
2. The document shall be filed in the office of the secretary of state.
3. The document shall contain the information required by this chapter. The document may contain other information as well.
4. The document shall be typewritten or printed. The typewritten or printed portion shall be black. Manually signed photocopies, or other reproduced copies, including facsimiles or other electronically or computer-generated copies of typewritten or printed documents may be filed.
5. The document shall be in the English language. A limited partnership name need not be in English if written in English letters or Arabic or Roman numerals.
6. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the document shall be executed by one of the following methods:
a. By two or more partners.
b. By a person authorized under this chapter, the partnership agreement, or other law to execute the document.
c. If the partnership is in the hands of a receiver, trustee, or other court-appointed fiduciary, by such receiver, trustee, or fiduciary.
d. If the document is that of a registered agent, by the registered agent, if the person is an individual, or by a person authorized by the registered agent to execute the document, if the registered agent is an entity.
7. The person executing the document shall sign it and state beneath or opposite the person's signature, the person's name and the capacity in which the person signs. The secretary of state may accept for filing a document containing a copy of a signature, however made.
8. If, pursuant to any provision of this chapter, the secretary of state has prescribed a mandatory form for the document, the document shall be in or on the prescribed form.
9. The document shall be delivered to the office of the secretary of state for filing and shall be accompanied by the correct filing fee.
10. The secretary of state may adopt rules for the electronic filing of documents and the certification of electronically filed documents.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XII. Business Entities [Chs. 486-504C] § 486A.1201. Filing requirements - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xii-business-entities-chs-486-504c/ia-code-sect-486a-1201/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.