Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Department” means the department of agriculture and land stewardship, the department of natural resources, or the department of transportation.
2. “Fiscal year” means the state fiscal year effective as provided in section 3.12.
3. “Initiative” includes a program, project, practice, strategy, or plan established or administered by an agency that furthers a constitutional purpose as provided in section 461.3.
4. “Recreational purpose” includes hunting, trapping, angling, horseback riding, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, bird watching, nature study, water skiing, snowmobiling, other summer and winter sports, and viewing or enjoying historical, archaeological, scenic, or scientific sites.
5. “Trust fund” means the natural resources and outdoor recreation trust fund created in section 461.31.
6. “Trust fund moneys” means moneys originating from the natural resources and outdoor recreation trust fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title XI. Natural Resources [Chs. 455-485] § 461.2. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-xi-natural-resources-chs-455-485/ia-code-sect-461-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.