Iowa Code Title VII. Education and Cultural Affairs [Chs. 256-305B] § 261B.3. Registration
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. Except as provided in section 261B.11, a school shall register with the commission if a person compensated by the school conducts any portion of a course of instruction in this state or if the school otherwise has a presence in this state.
a. Registrations shall be renewed every two years and shall be amended upon any substantive change in location, program offering, or accreditation. A school makes a substantive change in a program offering when the school proposes to offer or modify a program that requires the approval of the state board of education or any other state agency authorized to approve the school or its program in this state.
b. Registration shall be made on application forms approved and made available by the commission and at the time and in the manner prescribed by the commission.
2. The commission may require a school to provide additional information the commission deems necessary to evaluate a school's suitability for registration.
3. The commission shall notify a school in writing of its decision to grant or deny registration and any stipulation associated with the school's registration.
4. If a school fails to meet any of the registration criteria, or if the commission believes that false, misleading, or incomplete information has been submitted in connection with an application for registration, the commission may deny registration. The commission shall conduct a hearing on the denial if a hearing is requested by a school. Upon a finding after the hearing that the school fails to meet any of the registration criteria, or that information contained in the registration application is false, misleading, or incomplete, the commission shall deny registration. The commission shall make the final decision on each registration. However, the decision of the commission is subject to judicial review in accordance with section 17A.19.
5. The commission shall adopt rules under chapter 17A for the implementation of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title VII. Education and Cultural Affairs [Chs. 256-305B] § 261B.3. Registration - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-vii-education-and-cultural-affairs-chs-256-305b/ia-code-sect-261b-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?