Iowa Code Title VI. Human Services [Chs. 216-255A] § 226.7. Order of receiving patients
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. a. Preference in the reception of patients into said hospitals shall be exercised in the following order:
(1) Cases of less duration than one year.
(2) Chronic cases, where the disease is of more than one-year duration, presenting the most favorable prospect for recovery.
(3) Those for whom application has been longest on file, other things being equal.
b. Where cases are equally meritorious in all other respects, the indigent shall have the preference.
2. If the district court commits a patient to a state mental health institute and a bed for the patient is not available, the institute shall assist the court in locating an alternative placement for the patient.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title VI. Human Services [Chs. 216-255A] § 226.7. Order of receiving patients - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-vi-human-services-chs-216-255a/ia-code-sect-226-7/
Was this helpful?