Iowa Code Title V. Agriculture [Chs. 159-215A] § 165B.1. Definitions
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. “Concentration point” means a location or facility where poultry originating from the same or different sources are assembled for any purpose. However, a concentration point does not include an animal feeding operation as defined in section 459.102 if the poultry are provided care and feeding for purposes of egg production or slaughter.
2. “Department” means the department of agriculture and land stewardship.
3. “Law enforcement officer” means a state patrol officer or a regularly employed member of a police force of a city or county, including but not limited to a sheriff's office, who is responsible for the prevention and detection of a crime and the enforcement of the criminal laws of this state.
4. “Manure” means the same as defined in section 459.102.
5. “Pathogenic virus” means any of the following:
a. A recognized serotype of the virus avian paramyxovirus which is classified as a velogenic or mesogenic strain of that virus and which may be transmitted to poultry.
b. A recognized serotype of the virus commonly referred to as avian influenza which may be transmitted to poultry.
6. “Poultry” means domesticated fowl which are chickens, ducks, or turkeys.
7. “Separate and apart” means to hold poultry so that neither the poultry nor organic material originating from the poultry has physical contact with other animals.
8. “Slaughtering establishment” means a slaughtering establishment operated under the provisions of the federal Meat Inspection Act, 21 U.S.C. § 601 et seq., or a slaughtering establishment that has been inspected by the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title V. Agriculture [Chs. 159-215A] § 165B.1. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-v-agriculture-chs-159-215a/ia-code-sect-165b-1/
Was this helpful?