Iowa Code Title IX. Local Government [Chs. 331-420] § 331.303. General duties of the board
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
The board shall:
1. Keep record books as follows:
a. A “minute book” which records all orders and decisions other than those relating to drainage districts. The minute book or a separate index book must contain an alphabetical index by subject matter categories of the proceedings shown by the minutes.
b. A “warrant book” which records each warrant drawn in the order of issuance by number, date, amount, and name of drawee, and refers to the order in the minute book authorizing its drawing. The board may authorize the auditor to issue checks in lieu of warrants. If the issuance of checks is authorized, the word “check” shall be substituted for the word “warrant” in those sections of this chapter and chapters 6B, 11, 35B, 336, 349, 350, 427B, and 468 in which the issuance of a check is authorized in lieu of a warrant.
c. A “claim register” which records all claims for money filed against the county. Claims shall be numbered consecutively in order of filing and entered alphabetically by the claimant's name. The claim register shall show the date of filing, the number of the claim and its general nature, and the action of the board on the claim including the fund against which it is allowed if it is allowed. The claims allowed at each meeting shall be listed in the minute book by claim number.
2. Maintain its records in accordance with chapter 22.
3. Act upon applications for cigarette tax permits in accordance with chapter 453A.
4. Act upon applications for retail alcohol licenses in accordance with section 123.32.
5. Select official newspapers and cause official publications to be made in accordance with chapters 349 and 618.
6. Adopt rules relating to the labor of prisoners in the county jail in accordance with sections 356.16 through 356.19, and may establish the cost of board and provide for the transportation of certain prisoners in accordance with section 356.30.
7. Divide the county into townships, and proceed upon a petition to divide, dissolve or change the name of a township in accordance with chapter 359.
8. Approve the written investment policy for the county required under section 12B.10B.
9. Cause on-site inspections of pipeline construction projects as required in section 479.29, subsection 2, and the board may petition for rules as provided in that section.
11. Perform other duties as required by law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title IX. Local Government [Chs. 331-420] § 331.303. General duties of the board - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-ix-local-government-chs-331-420/ia-code-sect-331-303/
Was this helpful?