Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 156.4. Funeral directors
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The practice of a funeral director must be conducted from a funeral establishment licensed by the board. The board may specify criteria for exceptions to the requirement of this subsection in rules.
2. A person shall not engage in the practice of mortuary science unless licensed.
3. Applications for the examination for a funeral director's license shall be verified on a form furnished by the board.
4. Applicants shall pass an examination prescribed by the board, which shall include the subjects of funeral directing, burial or other disposition of dead human bodies, sanitary science, embalming, restorative art, anatomy, public health, transportation, business ethics, and such other subjects as the board may designate.
5. After the applicant has completed satisfactorily the course of instruction in mortuary science in an accredited school approved by the board, the applicant must pass the examination prescribed by the board as provided in section 147.34. The applicant may then receive an internship certificate and shall then complete a minimum one-year internship as determined by the board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 156.4. Funeral directors - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iv-public-health-chs-123-158/ia-code-sect-156-4/
Was this helpful?