Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 153.14. Persons not included
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Section 153.13 shall not be construed to include the following classes:
1. Students of dentistry who practice dentistry upon patients at clinics in connection with their regular course of instruction at an accredited dental college, students of dental hygiene who practice upon patients at clinics in connection with their regular course of instruction at state-approved schools, and students of dental assisting who practice upon patients at clinics in connection with a regular course of instruction determined by the board pursuant to section 153.39.
2. Licensed physicians and surgeons or licensed osteopathic physicians and surgeons who extract teeth or treat diseases of the oral cavity, gums, teeth, or maxillary bones as an incident to the general practice of their profession.
3. Persons licensed to practice dental hygiene who are exclusively engaged in the practice of said profession.
4. Dentists and dental hygienists who are licensed in another state and who are active or reserve members of the United States military service when acting in the line of duty in this state.
5. Persons registered to practice as a dental assistant.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 153.14. Persons not included - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iv-public-health-chs-123-158/ia-code-sect-153-14/
Was this helpful?