Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 152D.1. Definitions
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Athlete” means a person who participates in a sanctioned amateur or professional sport or other recreational sports activity.
2. “Athletic injury” means any of the following:
a. An injury or illness sustained by an athlete as a result of the athlete's participation in sports, games, or recreational sports activities.
b. An injury or illness that impedes or prevents an athlete from participating in sports, games, or recreational sports activities.
3. “Athletic trainer” means a person licensed under this chapter to practice athletic training under the direction of a licensed physician.
4. “Athletic training” means the practice of prevention, recognition, assessment, physical evaluation, management, treatment, disposition, and physical reconditioning of athletic injuries that are within the professional preparation and education of a licensed athletic trainer and under the direction of a licensed physician. The term “athletic training” includes the organization and administration of educational programs and athletic facilities, and the education and counseling of the public on matters relating to athletic training.
5. “Board” means the board of athletic training created under chapter 147.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 152D.1. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iv-public-health-chs-123-158/ia-code-sect-152d-1/
Was this helpful?