Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 137C.2. Definitions
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
For purposes of the Iowa hotel sanitation code, unless a different meaning is clearly indicated by the context:
1. “Bed and breakfast inn” means a hotel which has nine or fewer guest rooms.
2. “Director” means the director of the department of inspections and appeals or the director's designee.
3. “Department” means the department of inspections and appeals.
4. “Guest room” shall mean any bedroom or other sleeping quarters for transient guests in a hotel.
5. “Hotel” shall mean any building or structure, equipped, used, advertised as, or held out to the public to be an inn, hotel, motel, motor inn, or place where sleeping accommodations are furnished transient guests for hire.
6. “Local board of health” means a county, city, or district board of health.
7. “Municipal corporation” means a political subdivision of this state.
8. “Regulatory authority” means the department or a local board of health that has entered into an agreement with the director pursuant to section 137C.6 for authority to enforce the Iowa hotel sanitation code in its jurisdiction.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title IV. Public Health [Chs. 123-158] § 137C.2. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iv-public-health-chs-123-158/ia-code-sect-137c-2/
Was this helpful?