Iowa Code Title III. Public Services and Regulation [Chs. 80-122C] § 99G.8. Board of directors
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The authority shall be administered by a board of directors comprised of five members appointed by the governor subject to confirmation by the senate. Board members appointed when the senate is not in session shall serve only until the end of the next regular session of the general assembly, unless confirmed by the senate.
2. Board members shall serve staggered terms of four years beginning and ending as provided in section 69.19. No more than three board members shall be from the same political party.
3. Board members may be removed by the governor for neglect of duty, misfeasance, or nonfeasance in office.
4. No officer or employee of the authority shall be a member of the board.
5. Board members shall be residents of the state of Iowa, shall be prominent persons in their respective businesses or professions, and shall not have been convicted of any felony offense. Of the members appointed, the governor shall appoint to the board an attorney admitted to the practice of law in Iowa, an accountant, a person who is or has been a law enforcement officer, and a person having expertise in marketing.
6. A majority of members in office shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of any business and for the exercise of any power or function of the authority.
7. Action may be taken and motions and resolutions adopted by the board at any meeting thereof by the affirmative vote of a majority of present and voting board members.
8. No vacancy in the membership of the board shall impair the right of the members to exercise all the powers and perform all the duties of the board.
9. Board members shall be considered to hold public office and shall give bond as required in chapter 64.
10. Board members shall be entitled to receive a per diem as specified in section 7E.6 for each day spent in performance of duties as members, and shall be reimbursed for all actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties as members. No person who serves as a member of the board shall by reason of such membership be eligible for membership in the Iowa public employees' retirement system and service on the board shall not be eligible for service credit for any public retirement system.
11. The board shall meet at least quarterly and at such other times upon call of the chairperson or the chief executive officer. Notice of the time and place of each board meeting shall be given to each member. The board shall also meet upon call of three or more of the board members. The board shall keep accurate and complete records of all its meetings.
12. Meetings of the board shall be governed by the provisions of chapter 21.
13. Board members shall not have any direct or indirect interest in an undertaking that puts their personal interest in conflict with that of the authority including but not limited to an interest in a major procurement contract or a participating retailer.
14. The members shall elect from their membership a chairperson and vice chairperson.
15. The board of directors may delegate to the chief executive officer of the authority such powers and duties as it may deem proper to the extent such delegation is not inconsistent with the Constitution of the State of Iowa.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title III. Public Services and Regulation [Chs. 80-122C] § 99G.8. Board of directors - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iii-public-services-and-regulation-chs-80-122c/ia-code-sect-99g-8/
Was this helpful?