Iowa Code Title III. Public Services and Regulation [Chs. 80-122C] § 85.67A. Administration of fund--permanent prosthetic devices
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. For the purposes of this section:
a. “Prosthetic device” or “device” means a permanent prosthetic device for which an account has been established pursuant to section 85.65, subsection 2.
b. “Prosthetics supplier” means a person or business who makes or repairs permanent prosthetic devices.
c. “Voucher” means a written statement that identifies all of the following:
(1) The prosthetic device requiring repair or replacement.
(2) Whether the device appears to require repair or replacement and the reason the device requires repair or replacement.
(3) The exact amount, including taxes, necessary to pay for the repair or replacement of the device.
2. The treasurer of state shall pay moneys from an account established pursuant to section 85.65, subsection 2, to a prosthetics supplier for the replacement or repair of a prosthetic device upon the receipt of a voucher.
3. a. If an employee dies prior to receiving all moneys credited to the employee pursuant to section 85.65, subsection 2, the treasurer of state shall pay the remaining moneys to the employer which originally contributed such moneys.
b. If an employer cannot be paid pursuant to paragraph “a”, the treasurer of state shall pay remaining moneys to the insurer named in relation to the claim from which the credits arose.
c. If an employer or insurer cannot be paid pursuant to paragraphs “a” and “b”, the treasurer of state shall pay remaining moneys to the employee's beneficiaries.
d. If the employee did not designate any beneficiaries, remaining moneys shall be paid to the employee's estate.
4. The labor commissioner and the commissioner of insurance may adopt rules pursuant to chapter 17A to implement this section. Such rules may include guidelines for which prosthetics suppliers may provide a repair or replacement for a prosthetic device, the form a voucher must take, and information in addition to content described in subsection 1, paragraph “c”, that must appear on a voucher.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title III. Public Services and Regulation [Chs. 80-122C] § 85.67A. Administration of fund--permanent prosthetic devices - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-iii-public-services-and-regulation-chs-80-122c/ia-code-sect-85-67a/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?