Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 20.26. Employee organizations--political contributions--penalties
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. An employee organization shall not make any direct or indirect contribution out of the funds of the employee organization to any political party or organization or in support of any candidate for elective public office.
2. Any employee organization which violates the provisions of this section or fails to file any required report or affidavit or files a false report or affidavit shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not more than two thousand dollars.
3. Any person who willfully violates this section, or who makes a false statement knowing it to be false, or who knowingly fails to disclose a material fact shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days or shall be subject to both such fine and imprisonment. Each individual required to sign affidavits or reports under this section shall be personally responsible for filing such report or affidavit and for any statement contained therein the individual knows to be false.
4. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit voluntary contributions by individuals to political parties or candidates, provided that such contributions are not made through payroll deductions.
5. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit or deny any civil remedy which may exist as a result of action which may violate this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 20.26. Employee organizations--political contributions--penalties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-i-state-sovereignty-and-management-chs-1-38d/ia-code-sect-20-26/
Was this helpful?