Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 16.141. Unsewered community revolving loan program--fund
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The authority shall establish and administer an unsewered community revolving loan program. Assistance under the program shall consist of no-interest loans with a term not to exceed forty years and shall be used for purposes of installing sewage disposal systems in a city without a sewage disposal system or in an area where a cluster of homes is located.
2. An unsewered community may apply for assistance under the program. In awarding assistance, the authority shall encourage the use of innovative, cost-effective sewage disposal systems and technologies. The authority shall adopt rules that prioritize applications for disadvantaged unsewered communities.
3. For purposes of this section, “an area where a cluster of homes is located” means an area located in the unincorporated area of a county which includes six or more homes but less than five hundred homes.
4. An unsewered community revolving loan fund is created in the state treasury under the control of the authority and consisting of moneys appropriated by the general assembly and any other moneys available to and obtained or accepted by the authority for placement in the fund.
5. Repayments of moneys loaned and recaptures of loans shall be deposited in the fund.
6. Moneys in the fund shall be used to provide assistance under the unsewered community revolving loan program established in this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 16.141. Unsewered community revolving loan program--fund - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-i-state-sovereignty-and-management-chs-1-38d/ia-code-sect-16-141/
Was this helpful?