Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 15F.206. River enhancement community attraction and tourism projects--application review
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. Applications for assistance for river enhancement community attraction and tourism projects shall be submitted to the authority. For those applications that meet the eligibility criteria, the authority shall provide a staff review analysis and evaluation to the vision Iowa program review committee referred to in section 15F.304, subsection 2, and the board.
2. When reviewing the applications, the vision Iowa program review committee and the authority shall consider, at a minimum, all of the following:
a. Whether the wages, benefits, including health benefits, safety, and other attributes of the project would improve the quality of life or the quality of attraction or tourism employment in the community.
b. The extent to which such a project would generate additional recreational and cultural attractions or tourism opportunities.
c. The ability of the project to produce a long-term, tax-generating economic impact.
d. The location of the projects and geographic diversity of the applications.
e. The project is primarily a vertical infrastructure project with demonstrated substantial regional or statewide economic impact. For purposes of the program, “vertical infrastructure” means land acquisition and construction, major renovation and major repair of buildings, all appurtenant structures, utilities, site development, and recreational trails and water trails. “Vertical infrastructure” does not include routine, recurring maintenance, or operational expenses or leasing of a building, appurtenant structure, or utility without a lease-purchase agreement.
f. Whether the applicant has received financial assistance under the program for the same project.
g. The extent to which the project has taken the following planning principles into consideration:
(1) Efficient and effective use of land resources and existing infrastructure by encouraging development in areas with existing infrastructure or capacity to avoid costly duplication of services and costly use of land.
(2) Provision for a variety of transportation choices, including pedestrian traffic.
(3) Maintenance of a unique sense of place by respecting local cultural and natural environmental features.
(4) Conservation of open space and farmland and preservation of critical environmental areas.
(5) Promotion of the safety, livability, and revitalization of existing urban and rural communities.
3. Upon review of the recommendations of the review committee, the board shall approve, defer, or deny the applications.
4. Upon approval of an application for financial assistance under the program, the board shall notify the treasurer of state regarding the amount of moneys needed to satisfy the award of financial assistance and the terms of the award. The treasurer of state shall notify the authority anytime moneys are disbursed to a recipient of financial assistance under the program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 15F.206. River enhancement community attraction and tourism projects--application review - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-i-state-sovereignty-and-management-chs-1-38d/ia-code-sect-15f-206/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?