Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 15E.303. Definitions
Search Iowa Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Board” means the governing board of the lead philanthropic entity identified by the authority pursuant to section 15E.304.
2. “Business” means a business operating within the state and includes individuals operating a sole proprietorship or having rental, royalty, or farm income in this state and includes a consortium of businesses.
3. “Community affiliate organization” means a group of five or more community leaders or advocates organized for the purpose of increasing philanthropic activity in an identified community or geographic area in this state with the intention of establishing a community affiliate endowment fund.
4. “Endow Iowa qualified community foundation” means a community foundation organized or operating in this state that attains the national standards established by the national council on foundations as determined by the authority in collaboration with the Iowa council of foundations.
5. “Endowment gift” means an irrevocable contribution to a permanent endowment held by an endow Iowa qualified community foundation.
6. “Lead philanthropic entity” means the entity identified by the authority pursuant to section 15E.304.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Iowa Code Title I. State Sovereignty and Management [Chs. 1-38D] § 15E.303. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ia/title-i-state-sovereignty-and-management-chs-1-38d/ia-code-sect-15e-303/
Was this helpful?