Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) All personal transportation vehicles shall be equipped with:
(1) A braking system sufficient for the weight and passenger capacity of the vehicle, including a parking brake;
(2) A reverse warning device functional at all times when the directional control is in the reverse position;
(3) A main power switch. When the switch is in the “off” position, or the key or other device that activates the switch is removed, the motive power circuit shall be inoperative. If the switch uses a key, it shall be removable only in the “off” position;
(4) Head lamps;
(5) Reflex reflectors;
(6) Tail lamps;
(7) A horn;
(8) A rearview mirror;
(9) Safety warning labels; and
(10) Hip restraints and hand holds or a combination thereof.
(b) The requirements of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply to any personal transportation vehicles operated during daylight hours authorized by local ordinances enacted prior to January 1, 2012.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 40. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 40-6-330.1 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-40-motor-vehicles-and-traffic/ga-code-sect-40-6-330-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?