Skip to main content

Georgia Code Title 35. Law Enforcement Officers and Agencies § 35-2-4

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The commissioner may be a member of the Uniform Division of the department and upon removal from such office without prejudice he shall revert to his original rank in the Uniform Division which he held when he was appointed to office.

a. The Administrative Office of the Courts shall establish procedures to ensure that advance notice is given to the prosecutor in any matter in which (1) a victim of an offense has been identified, and (2) the offense is within the jurisdiction of the Superior Court, and (3) the offense involves criminal conduct or conduct arising from an incident of domestic violence pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:25-17 et seq. in which a criminal complaint has been filed.  Notice shall include the date, time and place of the defendant's appearance before a judicial officer and shall include, but not be limited to, notice of motions or hearings to establish or reduce bail or authorize other pre-trial release from custody;  notice of proceedings in which any plea agreement may be submitted;  notice of trial and notice of sentencing.

b. Upon receipt of such notice from the court, the prosecutor shall use any reasonable means available to notify a victim in advance of a scheduled proceeding.

c. As used in this act, “Prosecutor” means the prosecutor of the county in which the defendant was convicted, unless the matter was prosecuted by the Attorney General, in which case “prosecutor” means the Attorney General.

Cite this article: - Georgia Code Title 35. Law Enforcement Officers and Agencies § 35-2-4 - last updated April 14, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard