Georgia Code Title 20. Education § 20-3-405.7
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
A student is ineligible for any loan described in this subpart if the student:
(1) Is not a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible noncitizen under federal Title IV requirements;
(2) Has not complied with United States Selective Service System requirements for registration, if such requirements are applicable to the student;
(3) Is in default on a federal Title IV educational loan or a State of Georgia educational loan, provided that a student who is otherwise eligible and has fully repaid the defaulted loan will be eligible to obtain a loan under this subpart for future academic terms but not retroactively;
(4) Owes a refund on a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a Georgia student financial aid program, provided that a student who is otherwise eligible and has fully paid the refund owed will be eligible to obtain a loan under this subpart for future academic terms but not retroactively;
(5) Has been convicted of a felony offense involving marijuana, a controlled substance, or a dangerous drug as set out in Code Section 20-1-23 or 20-1-24 of the “Drug-free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990,” provided that such ineligibility extends from the date of conviction to the completion of the next academic term;
(6) Is incarcerated; or
(7) Does not meet each qualification listed in this subpart and applicable to the student.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 20. Education § 20-3-405.7 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-20-education/ga-code-sect-20-3-405-7/
Was this helpful?