Georgia Code Title 16. Crimes and Offenses § 16-8-61
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) “Official rating” means the official rating of a motion picture by the Classification and Rating Administration of the Motion Picture Association of America.
(2) “Video movie” means a videotape, video cassette, video disc, any prerecorded video display or visual depiction, any prerecorded device that can be converted to a visual depiction, or other reproduction or reconstruction of a motion picture.
(b) No person may sell, rent, loan, or otherwise disseminate or distribute for monetary consideration a video movie unless the official rating of the motion picture from which the video movie is copied is clearly and prominently displayed in boldface type on the outside of the cassette, case, jacket, or other covering containing the video movie. Such video movie shall be clearly and prominently marked as “not rated” if:
(1) The motion picture from which the video movie is copied has no official rating;
(2) The official rating of the motion picture from which the video movie is copied is not readily available to such person; or
(3) The video movie has been altered so that its content materially differs from the motion picture.
(c) Any person who violates subsection (b) of this Code section shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine of not more than $100.00.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 16. Crimes and Offenses § 16-8-61 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/ga-code-sect-16-8-61/
Was this helpful?