Skip to main content

Delaware Code Title 3. Agriculture § 2301. Agricultural lands and use of treated wastewater effluent

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Notwithstanding any law or regulation to the contrary:

(1) Any agricultural lands which are actively being farmed shall have the right to receive and recycle to such land reclaimed water through irrigation systems.

(2) Any agricultural land receiving and applying reclaimed water pursuant to paragraph (1) of this section may also be leased to a private or public entity for irrigation systems to disperse said reclaimed water in accordance with the agronomic requirements of the agricultural land. Such leased irrigation systems shall only be subject to application and permitting of the irrigation systems by the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control.

(3) The receipt and application of reclaimed water for irrigation purposes on agricultural lands subject to agricultural lands preservation under Chapter 9 of this title shall be permitted subject to the provisions of § 909(a)(5)e. of this title.

(4) Agricultural land may be leased to a public or private entity for irrigation systems to disperse reclaimed water provided that, prior to entering any contractual agreement, and expressly included in the contractual agreement, the private or public entity advises the agricultural landowners of potential limitation, risk and loss regarding the use of reclaimed water on conventional crops for direct human consumption.

Cite this article: - Delaware Code Title 3. Agriculture § 2301. Agricultural lands and use of treated wastewater effluent - last updated January 01, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard