Skip to main content

Delaware Code Title 26. Public Utilities § 706. Offering and abandonment of service

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) A service provider is not required to provide notice to the Commission for any new service.

(b) Competitive services, including new services, and basic services, other than switched access, are not subject to mandatory tariff or other filing requirements except as specifically provided in this subchapter.

(c) Notwithstanding the provisions of § 203A(d) of this title, a service provider may abandon a competitive service at any time.

(d) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, Commission approval may not be required for any reorganization or merger, mortgage or transfer of property, issuance of securities, assumption of obligation of another, or transfer of control of a service provider governed under this subchapter.

(e) Repealed by 82 Laws 2019, ch. 11, § 7.

(f) A service provider offering competitive services under this subchapter shall be subject to the provisions of §§ 202 and 216-222 of this title.

(g) Notwithstanding any order or regulation of the Commission or law to the contrary, the Commission may not investigate or adjudicate retail customer complaints for services governed by this subchapter except complaints related to the adequate provisioning of basic services.

(h) A service provider offering services under this subchapter shall comply with the certificate of public convenience and necessity requirements as set forth in § 203A(a) and (b) of this title.

Cite this article: - Delaware Code Title 26. Public Utilities § 706. Offering and abandonment of service - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard