Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) All public animal shelters shelters 1 operated by societies for the prevention of cruelty to animals, and humane shelters, that contract to perform public animal control services, shall provide the owners of lost animals and those who find lost animals with all of the following:
(1) Ability to list the animals they have lost or found on “Lost and Found” lists maintained by the animal shelter.
(2) Referrals to animals listed that may be the animals the owners or finders have lost or found.
(3) The telephone numbers and addresses of other animal shelters in the same vicinity.
(4) Advice as to means of publishing and disseminating information regarding lost animals.
(5) The telephone numbers and addresses of volunteer groups that may be of assistance in locating lost animals.
(b) The duties imposed by this section are mandatory duties for public entities for all purposes of the Government Code and for all private entities with which a public entity has contracted to perform those duties.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Food and Agricultural Code (Formerly Agricultural Code) - FAC § 32001 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/food-and-agricultural-code-formerly-agricultural-code/fac-sect-32001/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.