Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 19. Public Finance § 19-7-908. Requests by political subdivisions

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) If the United States declines to deal with a county judge with respect to any political subdivision whose jurisdictional limits are within or coextensive with the limits of the county, or in the event the jurisdictional limits of a political subdivision lie in more than one (1) county, then that subdivision is authorized to make request of the United States for the payment of such sums in lieu of taxes as the United States may agree to pay.  The subdivision is empowered to enter into agreements with the United States for the performance by the subdivision of services for the benefit of a project, and for the payment by the United States to the subdivision, in one (1) or more installments, of sums in lieu of taxes.

(b) The amount of the payment may be based upon the cost of performing the services during the period of the agreement, after taking into consideration the benefits to be derived by the subdivision from the project, but shall not be in excess of the taxes which would result to the political subdivision during the period if the real property of the project within the political subdivision were taxable.

(c) Whenever any payment is received by a subdivision under an agreement entered into pursuant to this section, the governing body of the subdivision shall issue a receipt of the payment to the United States.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 19. Public Finance § 19-7-908. Requests by political subdivisions - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard