Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The State Board of Finance is created.
(b) The board shall be composed of the following members:
(1) The Governor;
(2) The Treasurer of State;
(3) The Auditor of State;
(4) The Bank Commissioner;
(5) The Secretary of the Department of Finance and Administration;
(6) The Securities Commissioner;
(7) One (1) person with knowledge and experience in commercial banking;
(8) One (1) person who:
(A) Holds or has held a Series 7 licensure as a general securities representative; and
(B) Has at least five (5) years of experience as a general securities representative;
(9) One (1) certified public accountant who:
(A) Is licensed in Arkansas; and
(B) Has at least five (5) years of experience as a certified public accountant; and
(10) One (1) member of the general public.
(c) A board member listed in subdivisions (b)(7)-(10) of this section:
(1) Shall serve a four-year term and may be reappointed, except that the board member shall serve an initial term of either one (1) year, two (2) years, three (3) years, or four (4) years as determined by lot in order to establish staggered terms in which the term of one (1) of the four (4) board members expires each year;
(2) Shall be paid a stipend of one hundred dollars ($100) from funds appropriated to the Treasurer of State for participation in each board meeting;
(3) Shall not have a direct financial interest in a transaction between an investment depository or bank depository and the:
(A) Board; or
(B) Treasurer of State;
(4) Shall not be related within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity to a constitutional officer or a member of the General Assembly;
(5) Shall abstain from voting on an issue that affects the board member or the procedures, profits, or funding of a business or organization of which the board member is a member; and
(6) May be removed for cause by a majority vote of the board.
(d)(1) A member listed in subdivisions (b)(7) and (8) of this section shall be appointed and may be reappointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
(2) A member listed in subdivisions (b)(9) and (10) of this section shall be appointed and may be reappointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(e) The Governor shall be Chair of the State Board of Finance, and the Treasurer of State shall be the secretary, executive officer, and disbursing agent of the board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 19. Public Finance § 19-3-701. State Board of Finance--Creation--Members - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-19-public-finance/ar-code-sect-19-3-701/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.