Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The State Procurement Director shall establish a training and certification program to facilitate the training, continuing education, and certification of state agency procurement personnel.
(b) As part of the training and certification program required under this section, the director:
(1) Shall conduct procurement education and training for state agency employees and other public employees;
(2)(A) Shall establish a tiered core curriculum that outlines the minimum procurement-related training courses a state agency employee is required to complete for certification.
(B) The tiered core curriculum required under subdivision (b)(2)(A) of this section shall:
(i) Be designed to develop procurement competency; and
(ii) Create a uniform training approach for state agency employees ranging from entry-level procurement personnel to agency procurement officials;
(3) May charge a reasonable fee for each participant to cover the cost of providing the training required under this section;
(4) May conduct, develop, and collaborate with established training programs, if any, for the purpose of providing certifications of proficiency to state agency employees who complete the training and certification program;
(5) May conduct research into existing and new procurement methods; and
(6) May establish and maintain a state procurement library.
(c)(1) Beginning July 1, 2021, a state agency employee shall not conduct a procurement under this chapter unless the state agency employee is certified through the training and certification program required under this section.
(2) To maintain certification under this section, a state agency employee shall complete a reasonable number of hours of continuing education, as provided for by rule by the director.
(d)(1) The director shall revoke the certification of a state agency employee who is certified under this section and who is determined to have knowingly violated state procurement laws, Arkansas Code Title 19, Chapter 11.
(2) The director shall adopt rules regarding the procedure for revoking a state agency employee's certification under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 19. Public Finance § 19-11-280. Training and certification of procurement personnel - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-19-public-finance/ar-code-sect-19-11-280/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.