Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In the Knik River Public Use Area described in AS 41.23.230, the following persons are peace officers of the state for the purpose of enforcing the provisions of AS 41.23.180--41.23.230 and regulations adopted under AS 41.23.180--41.23.230:
(1) an employee of the department or other person authorized by the commissioner;
(2) a peace officer, as that term is defined in AS 01.10.060.
(b) A person designated in (a) of this section may, when enforcing the provisions of AS 41.23.180--41.23.230 or a regulation adopted under AS 41.23.180--41.23.230,
(1) execute a warrant or other process issued by an officer or court of competent jurisdiction;
(2) administer or take an oath, affirmation, or affidavit; and
(3) issue a citation or arrest a person who violates a provision of AS 41.23.180--41.23.230 or a regulation adopted under AS 41.23.180--41.23.230.
(c) A citation issued under (b) of this section must comply with the provisions of AS 12.25.175--12.25.230.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 41. Public Resources § 41.23.210. Enforcement authority - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-41-public-resources/ak-st-sect-41-23-210/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?