Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In AS 16.10.300 - 16.10.370,
(1) “commission” means the Alaska Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission;
(2) “commissioner” means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
(3) “debtor” means an individual commercial fisherman who either initially contracts for a loan under AS 16.10.333 - 16.10.337 or assumes a loan as provided in those sections;
(4) “department” means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(5) “quota share” means a transferable license, permit, or right issued by the federal government that conveys a right to engage in a fishery in or off Alaska and to take a specified portion of the annual harvest quota for that fishery.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alaska Statutes Title 16. Fish and Game § 16.10.360. Definitions - last updated April 21, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ak/title-16-fish-and-game/ak-st-sect-16-10-360/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.