Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any guardian appointed pursuant to the provisions of this chapter shall file periodic reports, in accordance with section eleven of this article including:
(1) A description of the current mental, physical, and social condition of the protected person;
(2) A description of the protected person's living arrangements during the reported period;
(3) The medical, educational, vocational, and other professional services provided to the protected person and the guardian's opinion as to the adequacy of the protected person's care;
(4) A summary of the guardian's visits with the protected person, the guardian's social interactions with the protected persons, the guardian's efforts and activities on behalf of the protected person, including the guardian's efforts facilitating on behalf of the protected person social interactions with friends and families, and the guardian's efforts facilitating the protected person engagement in social activities;
(5) A statement of whether the guardian agrees with the current treatment or habilitation plan;
(6) A recommendation as to the need for continued guardianship and any recommended changes in the scope of the guardianship;
(7) Any other information requested by the court or useful in the opinion of the guardian;
(8) The compensation requested and the reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the guardian; and
(9) A verification signed by the guardian stating that all of the information contained in the report is true and correct to the best of his or her knowledge.
(b) The court may order the guardian to attend a hearing on the report by motion of the court or Mental Hygiene Commissioner, or upon the petition of any interested person. A report of the guardian may be incorporated into and made a part of the accounting of the conservator.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 44A. West Virginia Guardianship and Conservatorship Act § 44A-3-2. Reports by guardian of protected person - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-44a-west-virginia-guardianship-and-conservatorship-act/wv-code-sect-44a-3-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?