Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The commissioner shall charge and collect the license application fees, license fees, license renewal fees, and examination costs in amounts reasonable and necessary to defray the cost of administering this article as follows:
(1) For applying for a license, an application and licensing fee of $1,000, plus $20 for each location at which the applicant and its authorized delegates are conducting business or propose to conduct business excepting the applicant's principal place of business.
(2) For renewal of a license, a fee of $250 plus $5 for each location at which the licensee and its authorized delegates are conducting business or propose to conduct business excepting the applicant's principal place of business, plus an assessment of up to $.001 for every dollar of transmission services provided in the prior year.
(3) The total of fees required by subdivisions (1) or (2) of this subsection may not exceed $25,000 for any one application.
(4) For a change in address by the licensee of its principal place of business, a fee of $100.
(5) For failure to timely submit an application of renewal or file audited financial statements required for renewal as set forth in this article, a penalty fee of $10 per day for each day late, unless an extension of time has been granted or the fee waived by the commissioner.
(b) The commissioner may, by rules proposed for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, amend the fees set forth in this section and in subsection (b), section eleven of this article.
(c) Fees and moneys received and collected under this article shall be paid into the special revenue account in the State Treasury for the Division of Financial Institutions established in section eight, article two, chapter thirty-one-a of this code.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 32A. Land Sales; False Advertising; Issuance and Sale of Checks, Drafts, Money Orders, Etc. § 32A-2-5. Fees - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-32a-land-sales-false-advertising-issuance-and-sale-of-checks-drafts-money-orders-etc/wv-code-sect-32a-2-5/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.