Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A limited liability company, and a foreign limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state, shall deliver to the Secretary of State for filing an annual report that sets forth:
(1) The name of the company and the state or country under whose law it is organized;
(2) The address of its designated office, if any and the name and address of its agent for service of process in this state, if any;
(3) The address of its principal office;
(4) The names and business addresses of any managers and the name and address of each member having authority to execute instruments on behalf of the limited liability company; and
(5) An e-mail address where informational notices and reminders of annual filings may be sent, unless there is a technical inability to comply.
(b) Information in an annual report must be current as of the date the annual report is signed on behalf of the limited liability company.
(c) The first annual report must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and July 1 of the year following the calendar year in which a limited liability company was organized or a foreign company was authorized to transact business. Subsequent annual reports must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and July 1 of the ensuing calendar years.
(d) If an annual report does not contain the information required in subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary of State shall promptly notify the reporting limited liability company or foreign limited liability company and return the report to it for correction. If the report is corrected to contain the information required in subsection (a) of this section and delivered to the Secretary of State within thirty days after the effective date of the notice, it is timely filed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 31B. Uniform Limited Liability Company Act § 31B-2-211. Annual report for Secretary of State - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-31b-uniform-limited-liability-company-act/wv-code-sect-31b-2-211/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.