Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Authority. -- A land reuse jurisdiction may elect to create a land reuse agency by the adoption of an ordinance to create a binding legal obligation. The ordinance must specify the type of entity created and the following:
(1) The name of the land reuse agency;
(2) The number of members of the board;
(3) The names of individuals to serve as initial members of the board;
(4) The qualifications, manner of selection or appointment and terms of office of members of the board;
(5) The manner by which residents will be provided an opportunity to have input into the land reuse agency decision-making process; and
(6) Additional terms and conditions the land reuse jurisdiction deems reasonable and necessary for operation of the land reuse agency that are not inconsistent with this article.
(b) Filing. -- The governing body of the land reuse jurisdiction which creates a land reuse agency shall file a copy of the ordinance with the West Virginia Housing Development Fund and with the Secretary of State. After receipt of the ordinance, the Secretary of State shall issue the appropriate documentation indicating the formation of the entity.
(c) Combinations. -- (1) The authority under subsection (a) of this section may be exercised in combination pursuant to an intergovernmental cooperation agreement by:
(A) More than one land reuse jurisdiction; or
(B) A land reuse jurisdiction and one or more municipalities or counties.
(2) If a land reuse agency is established under subdivision (1) of this subsection, the intergovernmental cooperation agreement must specify matters identified in subsection (a) of this section.
(d) Limitation. -- Except as set forth in subsection (c) of this section, if a county establishes a land reuse agency, the land reuse agency may acquire real property only in those portions of the county located outside of the geographical boundaries of any other land reuse agency established by another land reuse jurisdiction located partially or entirely within the county.
(e) Legal status of land reuse agency. -- A land reuse agency:
(1) Is a public body corporate and politic, exercising public and essential governmental functions, and having all the powers necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this article; and
(2) Exists until terminated and dissolved under section fourteen of this article.
(f) Collaboration. -- A land reuse agency, a political subdivision and another municipal entity may enter into an intergovernmental cooperation agreement relative to the operations of a land reuse agency.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 31. Corporations § 31-18E-4. Creation and existence - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-31-corporations/wv-code-sect-31-18e-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.