Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The board may:
(1) Adopt rules pursuant to article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, as may be necessary to enable it to effect the provisions of this article;
(2) Employ such personnel as necessary to perform the functions of the board, including an administrative secretary, and pay all personnel from the board of respiratory care fund;
(3) Establish relicensure requirements, rules of probation for licensees, and other procedures as deemed appropriate;
(4) Secure the services of resource consultants, as deemed necessary by the board, who shall receive travel and other necessary expenses, consistent with state laws and policies, while engaged in consultative service to the board and who shall be reimbursed exclusively from the board of respiratory care fund;
(5) Fix appropriate and reasonable fees for mandatory licensure, which shall be no greater than two hundred dollars for initial licensure or one hundred fifty dollars for annual license renewal. All fees shall be reviewed periodically and modified as necessary.
(b) The board shall designate one person to accept and deposit moneys paid to the board. The money so collected shall be deposited with the treasurer of the state and credited to an account to be known as the “board of respiratory care fund.” Expenditures from the fund shall be for the purposes set forth in this article and are not authorized from collections but are to be made only in accordance with appropriation by the Legislature and in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twelve of this code and upon the fulfillment of the provisions set forth in article two, chapter five-a of this code: Provided, That for the fiscal year ending the thirtieth day of June, one thousand nine hundred ninety-six, expenditures are authorized from collections rather than pursuant to an appropriation by the Legislature. No part of the state's general revenue fund shall be expended to carry out the purposes of this article.
(c) The board may contract with other state boards or state agencies to share offices, personnel and other administrative functions as authorized under this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - West Virginia Code Chapter 30. Professions and Occupations § 30-34-6. Powers of the board; fund - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wv/chapter-30-professions-and-occupations/wv-code-sect-30-34-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.