A municipal governing body shall, at the session provided for in section nine, ascertain
the fiscal condition of the corporation, and make an itemized statement setting forth:
(1) The amount due and the amount that will become due and collectible from every
source during the current fiscal year except from the levy of taxes to be made for
(2) The interest, sinking fund and amortization requirements for the fiscal year of
bonded indebtedness, legally incurred upon a vote of the people as provided by law,
prior to the adoption of the Tax Limitation Amendment;
(3) Other contractual indebtedness, not bonded, legally incurred prior to the adoption
of the Tax Limitation Amendment, owing by the municipality;
(4) All other expenditures to be paid out of the receipts of the municipality for
the current fiscal year with proper allowance for delinquent taxes, exonerations,
(5) The total amount necessary to be raised by the levy of taxes for the current fiscal
(6) The proposed rate of levy in cents on each one hundred dollars' assessed valuation
of each class of property; and
(7) The separate and aggregate assessed valuations of real, personal and public utility
property in each class in the municipality.
The recording officer of the municipality shall forward immediately a certified copy
of the statement to the tax commissioner, and shall publish the statement forthwith. The session shall then stand adjourned until the third Tuesday in April, at which
time it shall reconvene.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.