Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The examining board shall:
(1) Develop, impose and enforce standards which must be met by individuals in order to receive a license as a nursing home administrator, which standards shall be designed to insure that nursing home administrators will be individuals who are of good character and are otherwise suitable, and who, by training or experience in the field of institutional administration, are qualified to serve as nursing home administrators;
(2) Develop and apply appropriate techniques, including examinations and investigations, for determining whether an individual meets such standards;
(3) Issue licenses to individuals determined, after the application of such techniques, to meet such standards, and revoke or suspend licenses previously granted by the examining board in any case where the individual holding any such license is determined substantially to have failed to conform to the requirements of such standards;
(4) Establish and carry out procedures designed to insure that individuals licensed as nursing home administrators will, during any period that they serve as such, comply with the requirements of such standards;
(5) Subject to the rules promulgated under s. 440.03(1), receive, investigate, and take appropriate action with respect to, any charge or complaint filed with the examining board to the effect that any individual licensed as a nursing home administrator has failed to comply with the requirements of such standards;
(6) In cooperation with other agencies and appropriate organizations, conduct a continuing study of the practice of nursing home administration within the state with a view to the improvement of the standards imposed for the licensing of such administrators and of procedures and methods for the enforcement of such standards with respect to administrators of nursing homes who have been licensed as such;
(7) Develop and enforce standards for the supervised practical experience to be required for licensure; and
(8) Appoint such advisory councils as are necessary for the proper and efficient administration of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Wisconsin Statutes Regulation and Licensing (Ch. 440 to 480) § 456.02. Duties - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wi/regulation-and-licensing-ch-440-to-480/wi-st-456-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.