Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Definitions. In this section:
(a) “Condominium rental agreement” means an agreement, whether oral or written, for the rental or lease of a residential condominium unit by the same tenant for a period of more than one month.
(b) “Tenant” means any of the following:
1. A person occupying or entitled to present or future occupancy of a residential condominium unit under a condominium rental agreement.
2. A periodic tenant, as defined in s. 704.01(2), of a residential condominium unit that pays rent on a month-to-month or greater recurring interval of time.
(c) “Unit owner” means the owner of a unit that is rented or leased under a condominium rental agreement or by a periodic tenant.
(2) Agreement for compliance. Entering into a condominium rental agreement constitutes an agreement by the tenant, as a condition of the condominium rental agreement, to comply with this chapter, the rules and bylaws of the association, and the provisions of the declaration. Entitlement to occupancy of a unit as a periodic tenant, as described in sub. (1)(b)2., constitutes an agreement by the periodic tenant, as a condition of the tenancy, to comply with this chapter, the rules and bylaws of the association, and the provisions of the declaration.
(3) Copy of written agreement to association. Within 5 business days after entering into or renewing a written condominium rental agreement, the unit owner shall provide a copy of the agreement to the association. The association shall keep a copy of any condominium rental agreement on file while the agreement is in effect.
(4) Contact of unit owner and tenant by association. The association may contact or give notice to the tenant or unit owner by:
(a) Making the contact or giving the notice by the means indicated by the tenant or unit owner in writing to the association.
(b) If par. (a) does not apply, by any method under s. 704.21(1)(a) to (e), in the case of the tenant, or by any method under s. 704.21(2)(a) to (d), in the case of the unit owner.
(5) Copy of condominium documents to tenant. Before a tenant occupies a unit, the unit owner shall provide a copy of the declaration and the association bylaws and rules to the tenant or place the information in the unit.
(6) Time share not covered. This section does not apply to a time-share unit governed under ch. 707.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Wisconsin Statutes Property (Ch. 700 to 710) § 703.315. Lease or rental agreements for residential units - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wi/property-ch-700-to-710/wi-st-703-315/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.