(3) “Computer services” means any services in which a computer is utilized other than for personal computing
(4) “Data processing” means the delivery of information processing services.
(5m) “Executive branch agency” has the meaning given in s. 16.70(4).
(5p) “Form” means any written material, by whatever means printed, generated or reproduced,
with blank spaces left for the entry of additional information to be used for the
purpose of providing information, collecting information or requiring action in any
transaction involving this state.
(5s) “Forms management” means the system of providing forms to accomplish necessary operations efficiently
and economically, including analysis and design of forms, improvement of methods of
procurement, distribution and disposition of forms and improvement of methods to keep
to a reasonable level the public's duty to report. “Forms management” includes the elimination of unnecessary forms and of unnecessary
data collection and standardizing, consolidating and simplifying forms and related
(6) “Information technology” means the electronic processing, storage and transmission of information including
data processing and telecommunications.
(6m) “Information technology portfolio” means information technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and information
resources and human resources devoted to developing and maintaining information technology
(7) “Local governmental unit” means a political subdivision of this state, a special purpose district in this
state, an instrumentality or corporation of such a political subdivision or special
purpose district, a combination or subunit of any of the foregoing or an instrumentality
of the state and any of the foregoing.
(8) “Personal computing” means utilizing a computer that is located at the same work station where the input
or output of data is conducted.
(8m) “Public contact form” means a form generated and used by any agency in transactions between the agency
and a member of the public.
(9) “Supercomputer” means a special purpose computer that performs in a scientific environment and that
is characterized by a very high processing speed and power.
(10) “Telecommunications” means all services and facilities capable of transmitting, switching, or receiving
information in any form by wire, radio, or other electronic means.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.