Wisconsin Statutes Marriage and Family (Ch. 765 to 770) § 767.395. Name of spouse

Except as provided in s. 301.47 , the court, upon granting a divorce, shall allow either spouse, upon request, to resume a former legal surname, if any.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard