Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Game features and procedures. Subject to this section, the rules promulgated under s. 565.02(3)(d) and (4)(a) and approval by the secretary of revenue, the administrator shall determine the particular features of and procedures for each lottery game offered. The features and procedures shall be in writing, shall be accessible to the public and shall include all of the following:
(a) The theme and name of the game.
(b) The price of lottery tickets or lottery shares and any discount authorized for the price.
(c) The prize structure, including the number and value of prizes.
(d) The frequency of drawings or other winner selections.
(e) The method of selecting winners.
(f) The method of making payment to winners.
(2) Selecting winners. (a) The actual selection of any winning lottery ticket or lottery share may not be performed by an elected or appointed official or an employee of the lottery division in the department.
(b) If drawings are used to select among winning numbers, to select among entries or to select among finalists, all of the following requirements shall be met:
1. The drawings shall be witnessed by an independent certified public accountant.
2. The drawings shall be open to the public.
3. The drawings shall be recorded on both videotape and audiotape.
4. Any equipment used for the drawing must be inspected by a certified public accountant and a department employee before and after the drawing, except that a department employee is not required to inspect the equipment if the drawing is used for a multijurisdictional lottery.
(3) Ticket and share numbers. Every lottery ticket and lottery share shall have a unique number that distinguishes the ticket or share from every other ticket or share in the lottery game.
(4) Lottery ticket appearance. No name of an elected or appointed official may appear on the lottery tickets of any lottery game.
(5) Notification that prizes in scratch-off game claimed. The department shall notify each retailer when the top prizes in a scratch-off game are claimed and shall provide retailers a sign for display that provides notice that the top prizes for a game have been claimed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Wisconsin Statutes Gaming (Ch. 561 to 599) § 565.27. Lottery games - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wi/gaming-ch-561-to-599/wi-st-565-27/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.