(1) The clemency and pardons board is established as a board within the office of
the governor. The board consists of five members appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation
by the senate.
(2) Members of the board shall serve terms of four years and until their successors
are appointed and confirmed. However, the governor shall stagger the terms by appointing one of the initial members
for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, one for a term of three years,
and two for terms of four years.
(3) The board shall elect a chair from among its members and shall adopt bylaws governing
the operation of the board.
(4) Members of the board shall receive no compensation but shall be reimbursed for
travel expenses as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060 as now existing or hereafter amended.
(5) The attorney general shall provide a staff as needed for the operation of the
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.