Washington Revised Code Title 77. Fish and Wildlife § 77.70.150. Sea urchin dive fishery license--Limitation on issuance--Transfer of license--Issuance of new licenses
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A sea urchin dive fishery license is required to take sea urchins for commercial purposes. A sea urchin dive fishery license authorizes the use of only one diver in the water at any time during sea urchin harvest operations. If the same vessel has been designated on two sea urchin dive fishery licenses, two divers may be in the water. A natural person may not hold more than two sea urchin dive fishery licenses.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the director shall issue no new sea urchin dive fishery licenses. For licenses issued for the year 2000 and thereafter, the director shall renew existing licenses only to a natural person who held the license at the end of the previous year. If a sea urchin dive fishery license is not held by a natural person as of December 31, 1999, it is not renewable. However, if the license is not held because of revocation or suspension of licensing privileges, the director shall renew the license in the name of a natural person at the end of the revocation or suspension if the license holder applies for renewal of the license before the end of the year in which the revocation or suspension ends.
(3) Where a licensee failed to obtain the license during the previous year because of a license suspension or revocation by the director or the court, the licensee may qualify for a license by establishing that the person held such a license during the last year in which the person was eligible.
(4) Sea urchin dive fishery licenses are transferable subject to the fees and restrictions in RCW 77.65.020(2).
(5) If fewer than twenty natural persons are eligible for sea urchin dive fishery licenses, the director may accept applications for new licenses. The additional licenses may not cause more than twenty natural persons to be eligible for a sea urchin dive fishery license. New licenses issued under this section shall be distributed according to rules of the department that recover the value of such licensed privilege.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 77. Fish and Wildlife § 77.70.150. Sea urchin dive fishery license--Limitation on issuance--Transfer of license--Issuance of new licenses - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-77-fish-and-wildlife/wa-rev-code-77-70-150/
Was this helpful?